Re: [Swftools-common] issue with an object

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] issue with an object
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 02:01:00 +0000

2009/11/7 Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden>:

> My question about your reply to Matt Morgan on showing and hiding a
> sprite: why is .attachMovie() and .unloadMovie() a better method to hide
> a button than rendering it invisible? Loading and unloading sprites
> seems far more complicated to me than ".visible=0".

If you render a button invisible, it is automatically disabled, and thus
becomes *inaccessible*.  No longercan you  click on it, nor run any
of he code contained within it.

Therefore you really need a method of re-enabling it, that isn't related
to the button itself.
.

> On your min-fscreen.sc version, I'm afraid it doesn't work in any
> combination I tried. I don't know what is happening there, sorry, but I
> don't get it.

> If I had to experience something from your code, it was I didn't work
> for me :-(.

It's your code not mine!   Was simply asking you to see what happened
when each object was made invisible.  Ni more no less.

Chris.