Re: [Swftools-common] problem compiling swftools on red hat

From: Ryan Hafen
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] problem compiling swftools on red hat
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:56:37 -0500

I should have offered more specifics.  My situation is a little unique
because I need to install it in my directory as I do not have root access on
this machine.  I have successfully installed jpeglib and freetype (and lame
if that matters) to /home/uname/local, and I configure with this command:

See if this helps:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2009-09/msg00076.html

Ricardo

Thanks for the tip.

After tinkering for several hours, I'm much closer, but still not there.  I tried adapting the hint in the link above, but with freetype and jpeglib, since these are in my local directory.  I can fool configure by commenting out this section:

# if test "x${DISABLEPDF2SWF}" = "xtrue"; then
#   echo "* Disabling pdf2swf tool..."
#   rm -f lib/pdf/Makefile
#   echo all install uninstall clean libpdf: > lib/pdf/Makefile
#   pdf2swf_makefile=""
#   PDF2SWF=
#   LIBPDF=
# fi

And modifying Makefile.common as suggested above, but then I run into trouble with lame and jpeglib.  I took care of lame by changing the line

if test "x${DISABLE_LAME}" = "xtrue"; then
if test "xtrue" = "xtrue"; then

since I don't need lame (--disable-lame didn't work), but now I have problems with jpeglib.  When I try to do anything to configure to try to trick it into allowing jpeglib, my configure run fails the "size of" tests.  I added "-ljpeg" to LIB= line of Makefile.common and ran make, which ended with the following:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H jpeg2swf.o -o jpeg2swf ../lib/librfxswf.a ../lib/libbase.a -L/usr/local/lib -L/home/uname/local/lib -lz -lm  -L/home/uname/local/lib -lfreetype -ljpeg -lz
jpeg2swf.o(.text+0xe81): In function `MovieAddFrame':
: undefined reference to `swf_SetJPEGBits'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [jpeg2swf] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/uname/swftools-0.9.0/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I did make install anyways, and now when I type pdf2swf, I get this:

pdf2swf: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas?  Thanks.