[Swftools-common] setSelected on TextSnapshot

From: DannyT
Subject: [Swftools-common] setSelected on TextSnapshot
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:46:08 +0000

Finding some very weird issues using setSelected on TextSnapshot class on a swf generated by pdf2swf.

Loading a swf into a flex 3 app and trying to search the text, the initial search works like a charm however any subsequent searches do not change the selected text. Stepping through the code everything seems to return the right values however the actual display of the highlighted text does not affect anything.

Assigning the TextSnapshot instance to a member variable on the class:

private var snapText:TextSnapshot;
this.snapText = this._loader.content["textSnapshot"] as TextSnapshot;

makes the selected text never change as I describe above whereas:

var snapText:TextSnapshot = this._loader.content["textSnapshot"] as TextSnapshot;

On the 2nd call will remove the selectedText but not re-set it again!

The only thing I've found is this bug: http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-1786?rc=1 which seems related but not quite the same issue.

Anyone wishing to see this in action feel free to play with our test project here:
http://dev.moov2.com/PDFTurnerFlex.zip

Would be very grateful if anyone can help!

--
http://danny-t.co.uk