[Swftools-common] poly2bitmap options

From: German Geek
Subject: [Swftools-common] poly2bitmap options
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:52:23 +1300

Hi,

We're facing a bit of a problem:

The swf pages generated from the pdfs that we have commonly, seem to take quite a while to load in our flash viewer. So far i've blamed the slow decompression of the swf pages which just makes the viewer stop all event processing while decompressing the swf (a couple of seconds on high end machines!).

So, we are wondering if it is the slow decompression of the vector graphics and rendering them and if we could "fix" it by using the "poly2bitmap" option.

Currently we use:
pdf2swf -G -j 60 -p 1 in.pdf out.swf

but adding
pdf2swf -G -j 60 -s poly2bitmap -p 1 in.pdf out.swf

makes some images go very pixely which they are not without the "-s poly2bitmap" option.

Notice the car in the second swf here: http://www.ihostnz.com/swftools/poly2bitmap.html

Ideas are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tim