Re: [Swftools-common] --rate option and time in seconds

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] --rate option and time in seconds
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 12:20:32 +0000

On 18 February 2010 18:58, Programmer In Training
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm looking to create some simple movies (just static image changes) and
> do not want to use an animated gif (I think an animated gif of the size
> I'm going to be making this movie would be much larger than a swf).
>
> I'd like to create this movie with a --rate of 1 frame every 10 seconds
> (the final product will be shorter, but not quite a frame a second which
> is too fast for me). Would the following give me this rate:
>
> --rate .1
>
> Or does jpeg2swf (or any of the swf tools) not recognize tenths (or
> smaller) of a second?
> --
> Yours In Christ,
>
> PIT
> Emails are not formal business letters, whatever businesses may want.

I take it you didn't put this to the test?  A spot of experimentation
often tells you what you need to know.

JOI I tried, to see what would happen.

    jpeg2swf -r .1 1.jpg -o 1.jpg

then swfdump'd the output file with

   swfdump 1.swf

This was the result,

[HEADER]        File version: 4
[HEADER]        File size: 15582
[HEADER]        Frame rate: 0.097656
[HEADER]        Frame count: 1
[HEADER]        Movie width: 274.00
[HEADER]        Movie height: 400.00
[009]         3 SETBACKGROUNDCOLOR (00/00/00)
[015]     15501 DEFINEBITSJPEG2 defines id 0001
[002]        37 DEFINESHAPE defines id 0002
[01a]         5 PLACEOBJECT2 places id 0002 at depth 0001
[001]         0 SHOWFRAME 1 (00:00:00,000)
[000]         0 END

Files attached in case you wanted to see them.

So, does this answer your question? ;o)

Regards,

Chris.