[Swftools-common] Clipping bugs when using --flatten

From: Patrick Duff
Subject: [Swftools-common] Clipping bugs when using --flatten
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:51:54 +1100

Hi All

I have recently been working on a project that uses pdf2swf to batch convert a
large volume of pdf's to swf's to be displayed on a website. Recently we have
run into problems with a few shapes in particular that seem to cause a whole
bunch of draw issues (example included).

From what I can see in the debug log this looks to be caused by the clipping
algorithm shearing off some needed points? I've tried to track down where
exactly this happens but haven't had any luck so far.

Here's the debug log of one of the object's that's come out a bit peculiar.
DEBUG   Using shape id 5930
TRACE   drawgfxline, 8 lines, 0 splines
TRACE   end of swf_fill (shapeid=5930)
TRACE   restoreState 08fa5c08
TRACE   restoreState 08cf6cd0 (end clipping)
TRACE   saveState 08cf6cd0
TRACE   stroke width=0.366000 join=miter cap=butt dashes=0 color=231f20ff
DEBUG   |     moveTo 292.22 500.03
DEBUG   |     lineTo 292.18 489.70
DEBUG   |     lineTo 297.22 493.82
DEBUG   |     lineTo 297.24 504.24
DEBUG   |     lineTo 292.22 500.03
VERBOSE Casting gfxline of 5 segments to a stroke-polygon
VERBOSE Intersecting two polygons of 5 and 2 segments
VERBOSE Comparing polygon renderings of size 596x843 and 596x843
VERBOSE Error in polygon processing
VERBOSE Casting polygon of 5 segments back to gfxline
TRACE   Placing shape ID 5930

PNG image

Would anyone have any idea's on what may be causing this?

Regards

Patrick D