Re: [Swftools-common] Re: Adding video to SWF converted with PDF2SWF: Tr

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Re: Adding video to SWF converted with PDF2SWF: Tried SWFCOMBINE etc without luck
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:37:09 +0200

Ben,

> video doesn't show up or play at all in the combined swf. Its not
> a "permission" issue with flash as far as I can see either.

> I'm not quite enough of an AS master to work out how to add runtime
> code to add > the video or a swf container so if that is the answer
> and you have a code snippet that would be greatly appreciated :)

You dont' need to be a *master*. I'm certainly not.  I've added a simple
example at the top of this page,

   http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/Code_Snippets

shows a simple 'swf' load. Amend the file name in the loadMovie line to
reference your own swf video, then compile it with swfc, and run.

You might also wish to review this page,

http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/How_do_I_create_my_own_viewer%3F

especially the little Appendix at the base of the page.  The same
technique applies to embedding swfs inside other swfs.

> Here is a really simple example I've created for this purpose:
> http://www.udynamics.co.nz/temp/bf_swfcombine_issue.zip

Sorry, but I don't use Flash or Flex at all, so .fla files are not
really useful as examples.   Easier to show me the swf files and
the actual video you are trying to embed inside!  Feel free to try
again, and I'll happily link them together fro you.

> I'm from the North Island so luckily we have avoid all the
> earthquakes down in the South Island ....so far! ;)

My cousin's son lives out there, but am not sure which island
he's actually on.  Must find out.

Hope the above helps a little.

Regards,

Chris.