Re: [Swftools-common] incremental loading of slides

From: Boris Reitman
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] incremental loading of slides
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 23:00:18 +0200

Is that what you mean ?

http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/How_do_I_create_my_own_viewer%3F#Appendix_A:_Creating_your_own_Viewers

This tells me nothing, and I doubt you understand what I am asking.  Your pdf2swf generates one large swf, but It should just extract the images, and generate a very small swf to load the images one by one, on demand.

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Chris <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:35:50 +0200
Boris Reitman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried using the pdf2swf tool, using the preloader.swf and simple arrows
> navigation.  What I get is a large SWF, which shows the preloader for a very
> long time while all the slides load.  Thats bad.
>
> I want to generate a different kind of SWF, that is able to show the first
> slide right away, and then start loading the rest of the slides.
> How can I modify swf2pdf tool to generate such SWF ?
>
> Boris

Boris,

It's not pdf2swf itself that you need to modify, merely the viewer ( the swf
containing the viewport Object ), that you are loading the slides into.

Check the ' How do I create my own Viewer' link, which you'll in the 'pdf2swf FAQs'
section of the following page from the SWFTools wiki,

 http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/Pdf2swfmail the list again.

That should answer a few questions ( and maybe pose a few more )! ;o)

Regards,

Chris.