Re: [Swftools-common] embedding audio-stream in swf?

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] embedding audio-stream in swf?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:37:46 +0200

Ahh.. with you Anders. unnskyld! ;o)

Which browser are you using to view the resulting SWF, Firefox?

Simple test:

Try setting the Flash version number in the initial .flash line to 7 or less,
recompile, then see what happens.   Any attempt to access an 'external'
resource from a 'local' one, results in the same behaviour. ( I should add
this info to the wiki, as I'm sure it'll crop up again. ;o)  )

Note that for version 8 and above Firefox doesn't warn you what is going on.
It just sits there silent.  The only way to enable the 'correct' behaviour,
is by right clicking on the swf area to get at the Global Settings menu.
Remember, you don't control that.  The Flash Player itself does.

Here's a mailing list reference as well.

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2010-07/msg00041.html

The scrappy example on http://nordberg.me.uk/swfc_samples works because it's
already on an internet enabled location.  With me?

I note the .no email address.  Good place to live!  May one ask enquire as
to your rough location?  I've been to Denmark, and Sweden.  Not made it to
Norway as yet.  Maybe next year. ;o)

Lykke til!

Skål!

Chris.