[Swftools-common] Re: Unexpected behaviour

From: Sukumar Maddineni
Subject: [Swftools-common] Re: Unexpected behaviour
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 06:02:52 +0000 (UTC)

Yousif Masoud <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Everyone,
> When I convert this file:
>
> http://ifile.it/935nufr/test.pdf
>
> pdf2swf -T10 -s poly2bitmap test.pdf  -o test.swf -f -G -t
>
> Everything works as expected.  I get a swf that can be searched.
>
> When I convert the file using:
>
> pdf2swf -T10 -s poly2bitmap test.pdf  -o test_%.swf -f -G -t
>
> I get:
>
> WARNING swf_drawchar: Font is NULL
> ERROR   Unknown font id: Times-Roman-241-0
>
> for every page.
>
> Swftools version: 0.9.1
> OS: Debian x64
>
> Can anyone reproduce this?
>
> Many thanks,
> Yousif

Hi...
      I am also facing same problem. I am  converting pdf to swf.
I have PPT and I am converting that PPT to PDF and then I am converting
PDF to SWF.I am getting this Unknown Font id error and showing blank slides or
slides with some junk data.
I am getting this problem for only PPTs created using 4 designs(1,7,8,9) out of
21 designs of MS Office PPT.
this is working fine in older version.
In latest version this is not working.

Any one has any Solution other than converting "everything to bitmaps" option.

Thanks & regards
Sukumar Maddineni