Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf issue with Font Display on WinCharSetFFFF-

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf issue with Font Display on WinCharSetFFFF-H encoded fonts
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:23:59 +0200

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:24:45 -0700
Irving Popovetsky <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have tested with stock swftools-0.9.0 on Ubuntu,  as well as swftools
> 0.9.1 and 2010-08-14-1108 - output is identical with all three.  See
> attachment for verbose output.    pdfinfo and pdffonts output below:
>
> My questions:
>
>    1. Why would the system xpdf start displaying the fonts correctly after
>    the CMAPs are installed, but not the version of xpdf built into pdf2swf?

Did you re-compile swftools against the revised version of xpdf?  With a proper
dist clean or un-install on the way.  May be necessary in order to notice the
changed CMAPS.

>    2. How can I control font hinting for embedded fonts in PDFs?

Font hinting?  As in choice of substitutes??

>    3. How can I substitute embedded PDF fonts with system fonts?

If you don't specify the full directory path ( with -f ), and the relevant
fonts aren't actually in the path, don't they get substituted by default?

Regards,

Chris.
--
Chris <address@hidden>