[Swftools-common] pdf2swf segmentation fault [MAC]

From: Tim Berman
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf segmentation fault [MAC]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 20:39:37 +1100

Hi,

I'm having trouble fixing an issue I have with converting a bunch of PDFs for a client. For all the PDFs I get the error "Segmentation fault" when attempting to convert using the following command in mac terminal.

pdf2swf PlatformPaper_025_V2.pdf -o x.swf

I'm pretty sure the problem has something to do with fonts because if I use these options then it works.

pdf2swf PlatformPaper_025_V2.pdf -o x.swf -s bitmapfonts

The file I am talking about can be downloaded at the following location. If someone can tell me if the problem is with what I'm doing, or with the PDF itself that would be great. If the problem is with the PDF can someone please explain what instructions I should give the client so they will be able to supply a compatible PDF to me?

http://www.bwsolutions.net.au/docs/PlatformPaper_025_V2.pdf

Cheers

Tim Berman