Re: [Swftools-common] AS3

From: Ricardo Pedroso
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] AS3
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:41:48 +0000

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Jason <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> My second question is :
> Using sc I  have imported swf upto AS2, and had the code work fine.
>
> .flash background=blue bbox=160x600 version=10
>    .swf animClip0 "adExample_animationClip.swf"
>    .put animClip0 x=0 y=0 scalex=54% scaley=54%
>    .swf textClip0 "adExample_textClip0.swf"
>    .put textClip0 x=0 y=0 scalex=54% scaley=54%
>    .swf textClip1 "adExample_textClip1.swf"
>    .put textClip1 x=80 y=550 scalex=54% scaley=54%
> .end
>
> The above code works a treat
> When I swirch the code in adExample_animationClip.swf to AS3, it simply
> ignores the code...
> Is AS3 supported ? If so, what am I missing ?

Hi,

I'm not sure about this but I think you will need an as3name in your
.swf command.
Something like this:

.swf animClip0 "adExample_animationClip.swf" as3name=blahblah

But that as3name is not available in current stable version nor in
current development snapshot.
You will have to wait for the next release, or you have to patch your copy,
or grad the git version (not always easy to compile)

I did a quick test with an as3 swf produced with Adobe Flash (I think
- I grab it from somewhere)
and with an as3 made with swfc - it worked.

To be sure, if you could send some small and working samples, I will
be glad to test it.

Ricardo