Re: [Swftools-common] Compile CSS to SWF

From: Gerald Iakobinyi-Pich
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Compile CSS to SWF
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 18:34:55 +0200

Yes, using mxmlc works. I was looking in the wrong direction ...

Thanks.

On Dec 29, 2010, at 6:06 PM, Chris wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:53:08 +0200
Gerald Iakobinyi-Pich <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I have am a working on a flex project that loads CSS
resources at runtime (we compile the CSS to SWF, and
load hat swf into our flex app). My problem is that I
have to be able to create these SWF files at runtime,
from data submitted by the user.

Is possible to compile CSS files to SWF using swftools or some
other free tool that works on unix environments?

You are familiar with Flex, right?  Since 'Flex' is actually
cross-platform,  what is the problem with using 'mxmlc':

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html? content=anttasks_5.html

I've never tried the above task with swfc/as3compile, but since
the ExternalInterface ( flash.external ) class is supported, just
maybe it would also be an option?

Regards,

Chris