Re: [Swftools-common] adding stop to the end of a movie file

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] adding stop to the end of a movie file
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:20:59 +0100

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:09:14 +0200
Yigal Lavi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an enormous amount of video files that I need to play on a web page
> as swf files. And I can't figure out how to put s stop command in the end >
> of each video file in order to play them one after another.
> The files are all pure video files, that I can get in fla or any other
> format.
> Is there an easy batch option to do that on all files at once?
> Thanks in advance,

More specific information would have been useful!  At a wild guess..

.. you wish to prevent each converted video from looping back to the beginning
again?  Preferably stopping dead on the last frame, until
the next swf is is triggered?

Try compiling this little snippet with swfc, amending as necessary to
suit your own situation,

## start of stop.sc
##
.flash filename="stop.swf" version=8 fps=60 compress bbox=400x800
.action:
  gotoAndStop(this._currentframe-1);
.end
.end
##
##  end of stop.swf

then, use swfcombine to add the resulting stop.swf to all your videos
individually,

   swfcombine -o output_video.swf --cat input_video.swf stop.swf

You haven't stated if you are using Windows or not.  I'll assume your
use of the word 'batch' as meaning batch file, indicates that you are.
Something like this might automate the conversions:

Pile all your swf files for conversion into a folder.  In that folder
place the following as a .bat, adjusting your paths as necessary.

  FOR %%f IN (*.swf) DO swfcombine -o done_%%f --cat %%f stop.swf

My batch syntax may be a tad ropey, so better check carefully. ;o)

HTAB.

Regards,

Chris.