[Swftools-common] enabling compression in SWFTools

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: [Swftools-common] enabling compression in SWFTools
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:13:43 +0100

Hi there,

I have just realized that the issue with wrong compression that I experienced with sound (and I reported it at http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2011-02/msg00009.html) also occurs with pdf2swf (output doesn't seem to be compressed enough).

So, as Chris Ohmstede suggested, it isn't a question on sound embedding but on general compression. I have discovered this because compression works as expected with Windows precompiled versions.

I have downloaded a precompiled binary for my distribution, but I wonder whether it has compression enabled. zzziplib seems to be the compressing library, but I don't know whether compression should be enabled when compilation.

Could anyone be so kind to tell me whether compression is correctly set at http://pikachu.2014.free.fr/public/packages/swftools/swftools.spec?

Sorry for the problems and thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk