[Swftools-common] Problem with links in Flash player 11.2.202

From: ken.sturgis
Subject: [Swftools-common] Problem with links in Flash player 11.2.202
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 16:58:44 +0000

I was wondering if anyone else on this list has run into a problem with links
in imported swfs from pdf2swf since flash 11.2.202?

We have a flash document viewer that loads documents generated from pdf2swf.
The viewer dynamically loads the required document-swf.  We have code that
calls Stage.getObjectsUnderPoint() to retrieve a list of SimpleButtons that are
under the mouse pointer.  This code was working happily until 11.2.202 was
released, since that release Stage.getObjectsUnderPoint() omits all
SimpleButton instances from the loaded document.  I haven't found anything
mentioning the change in the release notes from flash.

We check if there are any buttons under the current mouse pointer so that we
can show a custom mouse cursor when over a document link and track when a user
clicks a link in a document.  The documents were converted using swftools 0.9.1
and I haven't yet tried 0.9.2 yet.

`Ken Sturgis