Re: [Swftools-common] Fwd: 18 out of 50 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects t

From: George Kirkham
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Fwd: 18 out of 50 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file JBIG2Stream.cc.rej
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 17:17:46 +1000

Chris,

You are correct, I was installing under the root account.  When doing so much testing, I find it easier.

Thanks for this information, I downloaded “swftools-0.9.2.tar.gz”  and when I compile using this package I get quite a different result to that from the git package.  I had expected they would be identical but it seems that are not.  As per your comment I have tried this as both a standard user and as the root account, an in both the git package has the errors and tar.gz package does not.

The solution is simply to use the
tar.gz package until the git package is changed.

Thanks to all.

George.

Hi George

Oops, I'm not surprised by libpoppler, I just missed that one.

Hmmm, I'm not getting the same results as you.  In your first make you see:
Extracting xpdf-3.02.tar.gz
on line 83.

The errors seem to occur while supplying security patches when this tar is extracted.  In the release of swftools that I'm using “swftools-0.9.2.tar.gz” there is no xpdf-3.02.tar.gz.  The /lib/pdf/xpdf directory already exists and I have no errors.

I've also noticed that you are building from /usr/adm/4swftools/swftools/ instead of a home directory.  Are you building as root?  Once again, probably doesn't matter but it's something different compared to my build.

Chris