Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 13:43:05 +0100

On 10/31/2013 07:43 PM, Lists wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:56:20 +0100 Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>
>> Do you think it’s obfuscation? I think it’s only separation.
>
> I think I was using it in the context of putting the data in a format
> not all would understand, and tucking it out of sight.

The same code would be on the base script or on an included script. No
intent to conceal anything, only to distinguish.

>> But even if it doesn’t solve the problem, I think it would be easier
>> to write a GPL exception to this.
>
> To be fair.. I have got a tad lost myself now!  A basic question on
> embedding a textile into an swf and reading it from Actionscript,
> has turned into a full blow epic on Copyright!   Maybe a little
> separation is what's required after all..

I had to explain what I was trying to do in order to make understandable
why I needed the embedding and reading from ActionScript.

The original problem was and is copyright.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk