Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: This file is too complex to render - SWF

From: Tobias Fink
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: This file is too complex to render - SWF only supports 65536 shapes at once error
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 06:33:57 +0000

Hi LI Xin,

i know this isn't the correctest solution, but as a workaround i've implemented
my program it that way that it uses sfwtools to convert each single page
without the "polytobitmap" option, and in case of (any) error try to convert it
using the option.
This works out fine (best available conversion results for each page), even
thou it will consume double conversion cpu and memory in the worst case.

Best Regards,

Tobias

PS: The conversion runs like this:

- run "pdf2swf -I <<FILE>>"
- parse the results to get the number of pages
- for each pagenumber:
-- run "pdf2swf <<FILE>> -p <<PAGENUMBER>> -G -j 90 -z -t -T 10 -s
internallinkfunction=true -s externallinkfunction=true -o <<OUTPUTFILE>>"
-- in case of error (return-value of above execution != 0): run "pdf2swf
<<FILE>> -p <<PAGENUMBER>> -G -j 90 -z -t -T 10  -s poly2bitmap -s
internallinkfunction=true -s externallinkfunction=true -o <<OUTPUTFILE>>"

--
Tobias Fink
Software Engineer