Re: [Swftools-common] Fonts are not found.

From: RDP
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Fonts are not found.
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 16:52:56 +0000

On 5 January 2016 at 15:48, Yonglin Li <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, I have "pdf2swf - part of swftools 0.9.2" installed in my "FreeBSD
> xxx.yyyy.com 10.2-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p7 #0: Mon Nov  2 14:19:39
> UTC 2015" system.
> However, it does not take the bold and italic fonts. The information I see
> are as follows. Would someone help me on that. I have added/copied the fonts
> to the fonts folder and used "-F /usr/local/share/swftools/fonts" parameters.
>
> I did it as.
> /usr/local/bin/pdf2swf -v -F /usr/local/share/swftools/fonts -s filloverlap
> -s insertstop -p 1 /tmp/Test.pdf /tmp/slide01.swf
>
> And the information I see are as following. Please help me.
>
> VERBOSE Adding font "/usr/local/share/swftools/fonts/Verdana,BoldItalic.ttf".
> VERBOSE Adding font "/usr/local/share/swftools/fonts/Verdana,Italic.ttf".
> VERBOSE Adding font "/usr/local/share/swftools/fonts/Verdana.ttf".
> NOTICE  Added /usr/local/share/swftools/fonts to font directories (32 fonts)
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 1
> VERBOSE looking for font Verdana,Bold
> VERBOSE FontConfig initialized. Found 21 fonts
> VERBOSE Font Verdana,Bold maps to /usr/local/share/swftools/fonts/Verdana.ttf
> VERBOSE looking for font Verdana
> VERBOSE Font Verdana maps to /usr/local/share/swftools/fonts/Verdana.ttf
> VERBOSE looking for font Verdana,Italic
> VERBOSE Font Verdana,Italic maps to
> /usr/local/share/swftools/fonts/Verdana.ttf
> VERBOSE looking for font Verdana,BoldItalic
> VERBOSE Font Verdana,BoldItalic not found

afaics..  from the above output, there is only a possible issue with
Verdana.BoldItalic

I note fontconfig was called earlier.  Have you tried enumerating the
fonts you wish to
add so that they are available system wide?  Simply copying/adding
them to the fonts
folder won;t do a complete job.

Regards,

Chris.