[Synaptic-devel] synaptic with rpm: segmentation fault

From: Sviatoslav Sviridov
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic with rpm: segmentation fault
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 01:53:47 +0200

Hello.

I have a problem in synaptic's "Package Filters" window. When I select any
filter in the left part - I get segmentation fault. Backtrace is attached.

But this happens _only_ if  synaptic is compiled with rpm support.
For detect RPM on my system I have to patch configure.in. (On my system RPM
uses libdb4, but in configure.in I use -ldb, because package libdb4-devel has
symlink /usr/lib/libdb.so pointing to the right library. Isn't it more generic
solution?)
If synaptic compiled without deteced RPM (without patching configure.in) -
there is no problems.
So, it seems that problem somewhere in RPM support code, but I don't know
where...

--
Sviatoslav Sviridov
[mailto:address@hidden [ICQ#10845380] [Lintec Project] [MLUG]