Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.38, feature requests

From: Richard Bos
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.38, feature requests
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:08:54 +0200

Hello Michael,

Op vrijdag 20 juni 2003 20:32, schreef Michael Vogt:
> Dear Friends,
>
> We're happy to announce synaptic 0.38 today. There are not too many
> changes, because we wanted to release it quick as 0.37 does not build
> on older systems (rh73 for example). This is fixed in this release.
>
> The NEWS:
>  - updated russian translation
>  - works on older distros (gtk2.0 and gcc-2.95+ fixes) for real this
>    time :)
>  - better man-page
>  - if a pkg is not installable, the user gets a warning if the tries
>    to  install it
>  - improved "by Status" tree-view, displays now by:
>    "installed, installed and upgradeable, new in archive, not
>     installed, not installed but residual config"
>  - sources.list reading is more robust. invalid records are ignored
>    and  commented out, comments inside a line are allowed now:
>    ("deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main # my main source")
>
> If you have any problems/suggestions, just let me know.

I have, 2 feature requests.

I'm using synaptic at an rpm system.  rpm holds an entry for url information.
This url is not displayed in the package information (that shows maintainer
e.g.) Is it possible to add the url information?

2nd request: is it possible to make an additional tab that shows which files
are being part of the package?

Thanks.

--
Richard Bos