[Synaptic-devel] [bug #3753] after loading new repository errors:

From: nobody
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] [bug #3753] after loading new repository errors:
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:44:33 -0500

=================== BUG #3753: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3753&group_id=2422

Changes by: Michael Vogt <address@hidden>
Date: Tue 11/18/03 at 11:44 (GMT)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
              Status | Open                      | Closed

closed because I didn't got feedback

=================== BUG #3753: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: dgdaniels               Project: Synaptic
Submitted on: Sun 05/25/03 at 19:59
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  Works for me
Assigned to:  mvogt                   Status:  Closed

Original Submission:  I added this repository

http://apt.sw.be/

redhat/9/en/i386

dag

then ran update list and noticed in the terminal the errors below

bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;

        perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.

bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device

        Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.

You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover

data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

hope that helps someone...

Dennis

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Tue 11/18/03 at 11:44         By: mvogt
closed because I didn't got feedback

Date: Mon 09/01/03 at 09:35         By: mvogt
is this bugreport still valid? I don't got any response from the orginal report

Date: Thu 05/29/03 at 21:46         By: mvogt
is it possible that the repository has a just broken list file?

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3753&group_id=2422