Re: [Synaptic-devel] libxft.so.2

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] libxft.so.2
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:43:41 +0100

Am Mo, den 24.11.2003 schrieb Sean P. Durkin um 21:07:
> Hi-
> I'm running Debian on a P75 Libretto, stable distro. I loaded synaptic
> from the unstable distro and have tried to run it-I get this error:
> synaptic: relocation error: /usr/lib/libXft.so.2: undefined symbol:
> XRenderQuery SubPixelOrder

Hello Sean,

You can not just run precompiled unstable packages on stable. You have
to build the package from the sources on your system.

Have you installed the Gnome2.2 Backport to Woody?

I will provide a debian stable package with the next release. But the
package will depend on the gnome2.2 backport of James.

Regards,

Sebastian