Re: [Synaptic-devel] compilation error&bugs

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] compilation error&bugs
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:16:44 +0100

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:53:32PM +0100, Gabor Kelemen wrote:
> Hi all!
Hi,

> I tried to compile the 0.48-test2 version of synaptic.For the first
> break, i got the same error message, which was reported by Panu.
> Then, i removed intltool-merge from synaptic's dir, and the problem was
> solved. But then, make produced a compilation error, output attached.

Thanks for the report. I removed the compile problem by just changing
cerr to std::cerr and endl to std::endl. I have no idea how this
happend as I use a fairly recent g++ that complains about namespace
issues like this usually.

Thanks too for this hint about the intltool-merge programm. I have no
idea how to solve this cleanly. But I'm looking into it and see what I
can do ...

> And the bugs, that I found in 0.47:
> If the sources.list contains invalid lines, the program tells me this at
> startup:
>
> "The list of sources could not be read.\n
> Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem."
>
> I'm going to repositories, but its first words are:
>
> "Ignoring invalid record(s) in sources.list file!"
>
> So, correcting problems this way is impossible.
> And, with invalid records, if i go to preferences/settings, the program
> makes a segmentation fault.

I worked on a similar problem with the sources.list editor for
0.48. So I would be happy if you could send me your sources.list file.

Feedback about your results from trying to edit it with 0.48 is very
welcome too. If there are no other compileproblems, just remove the
cerr line (or patch it with the attached patch).

thanks,
 Michael