[Synaptic-devel] add-cdrom bugs

From: Gabor Kelemen
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] add-cdrom bugs
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:43:52 +0100

Hi!
I found some bugs in 0.48-test2:
There seems to be a problem with the "add cdrom" menu of synaptic. I
have added another cd, (the previous version of my favourite
Linux, and another one, which contained some packages-only for testing)
and it created entries, with "/" on the beginning! (the other part was
ok) The command-line tool "apt-cdrom add" created good entries,
(beginning with "deb") and the cdroms were good too, so this seems to be
a bug of synaptic.

After this cdrom-add action, i tried to close. Then the program said,
that there are still changes in the queue, which will be lost, if i
quit. But there was nothing in the queue! I only added the cdrom,
nothing else. Then, as i clicked cancel, and choosed the queued changes
filter to see, what is in the queue (but another filter does this too,
and the refresh list, upgrade all buttons), the program got a segfault.

I added two cdroms to the repositories, then i tried to install one
package from the first disc, and one from the second, while one of the
discs were in the drive. After clicking execute, synaptic tried to
install the package, (which was on the currently available disc,)  and
has not finished its installation, but tried to install the package
again and again and again...
Let's see the output:
root:/home/gabor# synaptic
Selecting previously deselected package jumpnbump.
(Reading database ... 92572 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking jumpnbump (from .../jumpnbump_1.41-7.6_i386.uhu) ...
(Reading database ... 92591 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace jumpnbump 1.41-7.6 (using
.../jumpnbump_1.41-7.6_i386.uhu) ...
Unpacking replacement jumpnbump ...

--
Gabor Kelemen <address@hidden>