Re: [Synaptic-devel] New term for "No changes" is needed

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New term for "No changes" is needed
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:58:58 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:

> > the package action items in the menu or context menu are all verbal
> > constructions, except of "No changes". I think that we should make this
> > consistent. So here are some proposals from me:
> >
> > - Dequeue
> >
> > This term would also reflect the "queuing" concept in synaptic.
>
> I confess I'm not in favor of the "queue" concept, after all, there
> are no visible nor abstract "queues" in Synaptic. I think "scheduling"
> would fit better our purposes.
>
> For that reason, I don't like "Dequeue" either.

OTOH "scheduling" can be mistaken for "do this tomorrow at noon" kind of
thing.

> > What do you think about this?
>
> I still like "No changes" over these choices.

How about "Unselect changes"? (maybe along with "Selected
changes/operations" instead of "Queued")

BTW while on this subject: the "Latest version" in both package menu and
the treeview is a bit misleading since it's not necessarily the latest
version (due to pinning and such)

        - Panu -