[Synaptic-devel] Using synaptic over the net?

From: Ivo Marino
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Using synaptic over the net?
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:05:41 +0200

Hello folks,

I've recently started to use synaptic on my Debian GNU/Linux sid
machine, it works fine and I really like the tool to solve my daily
apt-get related tasks.

As far as I manage also a set of remote Debian GNU/Linux based servers
on which I have ssh/ftp/What-I-prefer access I would be interested in
using synaptic `over the net` to view, install and remove packages on
remote machines.

I consider this a some kind of idea for future synaptic releases and
would just note it here on the mailing list. Have you already in program
such a feature? If no I'm also interested in development contribution.

Thanks for feedback,

 I.

P.S. I'm currently off-list so please Cc: me, thanks.

--
                        )/_
              _.--..---"-,--c_    Ivo Marino <address@hidden>