Re: [Synaptic-devel] Adding CDROM Source

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Adding CDROM Source
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:53:48 +0100

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:41:14PM +0000, Christian Metzen wrote:
> Hi There!
Hi,

> We are using hal and dbus to automount removable Medias. Therefore
> Synaptic can't add a CDROM as Package Source because it's not able to
> mount it. Any Suggestions what needs to be changed in the Source, so
> that Synaptic only looks in the /media Directory if there is a usable
> CDROM somewhere?

You can use the config variables:
APT::CDROM::NoMount=True
Acquire::cdrom::mount="/cdrom"

You can set them in apt.conf or when you start synaptic (e.g.
with synaptic -o Acquire::cdrom::mount="/cdrom").

There is no more integration into hal.

hope it helps,
 Michael

P.S. Is your libglade2 problem fixed now? IIRC you had strange
segfaults some weeks ago.