sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] [Question] A panic when reboot --force the system

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] [Question] A panic when reboot --force the system
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 08:54:42 +0200

[Rui Xiang]
> Hi,list

Hi.

> It seems that reboot or force reboot through *sysvinit* have the problem.
> Furthermore, using reboot -f in *systemd* should also have this
> problem, right?
>
> And is that a bug for current reboot process in sysvinit or systemd?
>
> All comments are welcome, thanks.

I must admit, that the only scenario I can think of that would cause
SysV init to die like this is running out of memory very early in the
startup of the process.

Are you sure the kernel isn't running out of memory?  Perhaps you can
try using valgrind to figure out why init exits?

I'm trimming the list of receivers to the sysvinit mailing list, to
avoid flodding too many people.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen