sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] Organization of git repo

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] Organization of git repo
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 20:19:23 +0100

[Jesse Smith]
> Since at this point any existing code history is over seven years old, I
> have no motivation to migrate it. The history already exists in the svn
> repo. Again, if someone else sees fit to take on migrating the code with
> its history across from svn to git, that's great. It's not something I'm
> going to bother with.

Right.  No problem.  We will just stick with subversion as the
authorative source repository for sysvinit, and drop the git in the
project repository until someone have time to do the migration.  Can you
drop the git repo from savannah, so no-one misunderstands and belive it
is the authorative source?  Those that want to use git can still use the
git-svn translator, so there should be no negative effect on usability.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen