taler

Re: [Taler] Synchronization and backup

From: Jeff Burdges
Subject: Re: [Taler] Synchronization and backup
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 05:09:21 +0100

On Fri, 2018-02-16 at 04:15 +0100, Florian Dold wrote:
> This does not cover the case where I (or rather normal users that want
> to use Taler) have my laptop, my desktop machine, my phone, maybe a
> tablet, and I do not want to have different wallets on them, they
> should
> be kept in sync as fast as possible.

Insecure crap like Drop Box is already basically a power user thing.
We're only talking about crpyto-party attendees who might copy key
material between wallets, not normal users.

I could imagine Taler wallets cooperating over BlueTooth, NFC, Wifi,
etc. so that funds can be pooled from different devices, not necessarily
owned by the same person, to buy a single contract.  We need an
electronic transport to simplify the key material transport problem even
for either syncing or withdrawal backup, but collaborative buying
provides Taler unique advantages, like in restaurants.

Jeff