taler

[Taler] We wish to add Ukrainian translations

From: Ілля
Subject: [Taler] We wish to add Ukrainian translations
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 16:41:17 +0200

Hello,

There’s currently a huge effort underway in NBU to evalute all possible options
for a CBDC or functional analogue thereof for nation-wide e-currency deployment.
We have been advocating for Taler to be piloted as soon as 2021 when the SNB
whitepaper first came out, however at the time our national regulator wasn't
interested in supporting any of our efforts.

With the advent of NGI Taler, we have managed to re-ignite the conversation.

We wish to provide Ukrainian translations for the website, as well as the bank,
and the demo pages to begin with. So we signed up on Weblate instance for GNU
Taler, only to find out that Ukrainian isn't listed in the language list, so we
had also reached out through the built-in form, to no avail.

Somebody in my team has already done some translations in msgid form, should we
perhaps submit those through normal patch submission process, or could anybody
help us out with Weblate setup?

Also: perhaps a bit of an off-topic, but is there any example setups powered by
something like docker-compose that would be a least-effort path to self-hosting
all major components? We have been trying to build the exchange and merchant
back-ends, but the build system is pretty convoluted so having some kind of
pre-packaged deployment would make life so much easier!

-Ilya