tcd-hackers

Re: [Tcd-hackers] Window resizing

From: Jan Engelhardt
Subject: Re: [Tcd-hackers] Window resizing
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:47:33 +0200 (MEST)

>> Hi,
>> I have encountered the following flaws with window resizing:
>
>and you forgot to mention the version you are using. Have you already
>tried tcd-2.2.0?

Yeah, I do have that. (2.2.0.tar.bz2 Release, not CVS)

>> - resizing the window actually does not stretch the 'tcd field'
>>   (feature reqeust)
>
>Which field is "the tcd field"? If you mean the version number -- why
>should that field stretch?

The term "tcd field" encompasses the whole area, i.e. track status, track list,
"menu", CDDB window, and of course all the borders.
To sum it up, the "whole tcd field" is everything that you can see when you
start tcd itself.

Thus, if you stretch the xterm, the 'tcd field' (i.e. that what has already
been drawn) stays where it is.

>> - Play a track, stretch the window, choose the next track. The time
>>   update will be at a different position.
>>   (That is, the time field position is kept relative to the top while
>>   the TCD field is relative to an xterm's bottom apparently)
>
>Not with tcd-2.2.0 on my computer.

Release or CVS?

Jan Engelhardt
--
 __       _  __   __. .                   Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftliche
/__\    || \/__  /__ __|__|_o._  _  _ ._  Datenverarbeitung