tetum-translators

[Tetum-translators] Two English into Tetum translators needed

From: Mazza, Joseph P
Subject: [Tetum-translators] Two English into Tetum translators needed
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:09:09 -0400

Hello colleagues:

My name is Joseph Mazza and I run the Translating Division at the Office of Language Services, US Department of State.  I have been asked to provide a translation into Tetum, from English, of a short US Government Report (between 5,000 and 10,000 words, approximately) within a one-month time frame, beginning in late March.  The report has not yet been released, hence the lack of firm information on word count.

I am seeking TWO Tetum translators who:

1.       Have professional translation experience working from English into Tetum

2.       Are able to work legally in the US (i.e., US citizens or permanent residents)

3.       Are able to provide word processed text in Tetum

One translator would translate the report, the other would review.  Alternately, the two translators could split the translation, and then review one another’s work.

Interested translators who meet these criteria should send a CV, highlighting their translation experience, to me at address@hidden.  For more information about the Office of Language Services, please visit our website:  http://languageservices.state.gov/

Obrigado,

Joseph P. Mazza

Chief, Translating Division

Office of Language Services