questions for the main TODO file

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: questions for the main TODO file
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 19:45:16 +0100

Hello,

I would like to stop changing the code and instead prepare for the
(pre)release.  Is it ok?

First thing, I think that it would be better to have a separate TODO
for tp and the main TODO.  In the main TODO important stuff go, and
in tp/TODO less important things down to weird notes only I understand
go...  Is it ok?

I have just committed changes in the main TODO, to remove things that are
fixed in tp/, and add things.  I have some questions on the way:

  - HTML: different splits for different chapters?
What does it mean?

  - HTML: make images of math, maybe.
Is it considered that support of tex4ht or latex2html for @tex and @math
closes this issue?

  - HTML: allow settable background color, table colors and spacing,
    <head> meta tags, etc.  A la http://texi2html.cvshome.org.  In fact:
Is it done?  The url does not seem to be correct anymore...

  - XML: cannot be loaded directly in a browser; why not?
That does not seems strange to me...  How could a browser understand a
random XML dialect and do something right with it?

  - Docbook: &euro; and other entities do not work; does anything work?
I have removed this one since I believe it is fixed by using unicode
codepoints encoded in utf-8 and using utf-8 as default output encoding.

--
Pat