Re: spec for @inlinehtml etc.

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: spec for @inlinehtml etc.
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:01:14 -0800

    @blockraw html
    Here HTML characters are not escaped, and @-commands are not expanded.
    @end blockraw

It's not implementable in TeX, as a practical matter.  I guess we could
do some transformations in texi2any before passing to texinfo.tex to
make it possible, but ... lot of work for not much return.

Aside from that, I can appreciate the theory, and it is a clean
approach.  But since raw blocks are rarely used in practice, and
typically for minimal/simple pieces of text, I'd rather wait to
implement another whole series of per-format commands until it's clear
that it's actually needed.

Since no one has replied to my mail, I guess no one has any real input
on the raw blocks.  Implementing it like @format/etc. without protecting
text sounds good, since that is the existing practice and also what
texinfo.tex does.

So how about if we go that way for now for @html/etc., and keep
@blockraw (etc.) in mind for another time.

Thanks,