Re: "special" spaces in Texinfo parsing and output

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: "special" spaces in Texinfo parsing and output
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:48:56 GMT

    Would it be ok to treat [Unicode space chars] as spaces?

Ok.

      Blah^Lblam.
    Or
      Blah ^L blam.

In my mind (and in TeX), ^L ends a paragraph, wherever it occurs.  So
this is like:

Blah

blam.

and
Blah

 Blam.

The trailing and leading spaces in the second case don't make any
difference in the output here, but in other cases, the leading space
would be significant -- inside @example, etc.  That is,

@example
foo^L bar
@end example

Is like:
@example
foo

 bar
@end example

Ok?

(I'm not sure if there are any cases where trailing whitespace is
significant.  Maybe inside macros or something.)