Re: @value an user macro expansions in ignored @inline*?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: @value an user macro expansions in ignored @inline*?
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 18:04:27 GMT

    @inlinefmt{tex,
    @unmacro mymacro
    @macro mymacro{}
    hhh
    @end macro
    }

Sigh.  It never occurred to me that @inline* was supposed to work with
newline-delimited commands.  I can't see any practical way to make that
work in TeX -- normally it would be necessary for some newlines to be
special and some not, at the time of the @inlinefmt command itself, but
there is no way to know which is which in advance.

No doubt it could be done somehow with an immense amount of effort, but
it's obvious that the world is not waiting for this tiny subfeature, so
I don't really want to spend the time.  I think we should just declare
that that does not work with TeX -- another case where people should use
a different macro language.  Ok?

    @set closebrace }

Yeah, this line alone fails to parse in TeX, as expected.

karl