Re: Purpose of --no-raw-escapes

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Purpose of --no-raw-escapes
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 22:24:13 GMT

    the place of ESC, e.g. "^[[1m", instead of letting the sequence pass
    through to the terminal. Is this the intended behaviour?

I think so.  I have a vague memory of the new option being what less does.
I don't much want to go look through the mail from 10 years ago to be
sure.

    I lean towards changing the documentation to match the behaviour.

Therefore, I agree.

    There is also an "-R" flag for "info" that doesn't do anything
    (also "--raw-escapes").

Well, it toggles the variable :).  What else should it do?

thanks,