Re: give --index-search example on man page

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: give --index-search example on man page
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:44:41 GMT

    To do that, use "info -f grub -n
    badram". (The current development version allows "info grub -n badram"
    as well.) You can also do "info -n '(grub)'badram".

We should add two examples to the --help for this; finding an arbitrary
node without reference to menus or indices is useful.

    > Also consider making an -i shortcut to reduce the pain.

IMHO that is not needed.  (But if you want to do it, I certainly agree
that -I would be better than -i.)

    Future versions will search in the indices for "badram" for the
    command "info grub badram" if no "badram" entry is found in the
    top-level menu of the "grub" file that it finds.

How about just searching for a node "badram" instead of involving the
indices?  That seems more in line with what a user would expect.

Best,
Karl