Re: More ignored files

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: More ignored files
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 19:22:20 +0000

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 6:24 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry for asking what is essentially an SVN question, but I don't seem
> to be able to find the answer.
>
> I wanted to add *.exe to the ignore patterns.  So I did that locally,
> using "svn propedit", and now the files are indeed ignored.  But the
> directories where I added that are now marked as "properties modified"
> by "svn status".  Do I commit these changes upstream, or do you prefer
> that I keep them locally?  If the former, will the command below do
> that without also committing any locally modified files in each
> DIRectory:
>
>   svn ci --depth empty DIR

I don't know.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2224814/commit-only-property-changes-on-root-of-repo-not-files
seems to agree with you.

There's no problem with committing file ignores upstream.

The texinfo-devel mailing list would seem the best place for SVN
questions. Karl, could you subscribe Eli to the list if he is not
subscribed already? Thanks.