Re: C-u C-c C-u C-a

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: C-u C-c C-u C-a
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:49:19 GMT

    @c Before release, run C-u C-c C-u C-a (texinfo-all-menus-update with a
    @c prefix arg).  This updates the node pointers, which texinfmt.el needs.

    I think this is out of date and should be removed

Yes, I'll remove it.

    I did try this command in Emacs, but it froze and used 100% of my CPU.

Sounds like a bug.  At least one could hope for progress reports in the
event of long-running functions.  I know it worked in previous
lifetimes.

    Another question: I saw there was a file build-aux/texinfo.tex. I'd
    guess this file has been added there by mistake, and should be
    removed.

No, automake insists that it be there.  I admit I didn't go to the
bitter end of trying to eradicate it.  It doesn't really hurt anything
-- just another of the myriad slave copies of files hanging around.

thanks,
karl