Re: 6.0 release

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: 6.0 release
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 16:11:41 +0100

On 10 May 2015 at 15:55, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> No, it contains 2 characters: a backslash followed by 't'.  This isn;t
> a Posix shell we are talking about, so the "\t" part was passed to the
> script verbatim.

It contains one character. See the gawk manual, node "Other Arguments":

   The variable values given on the command line are processed for
escape sequences (see Escape Sequences).

> The Windows shell features that take file names apart produce
> backslashes, not forward slashes.  So the batch file I wrote cannot
> use forward slashes.

I didn't realise that the shell script "texindex" wasn't being used.
Is there any way of escaping backslashes in a Windows batch file?