Re: [platform-testers] texinfo pretest

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] texinfo pretest
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 17:34:31 +0100

On 29 May 2015 at 17:13, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to search the Web for information but everyone has said so
>>> far "use GNU make instead". :-(
> The issue is likely due to using a buggy gettext 0.19 (problem fixed in
> 0.19.1), see here:
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gettext/2015-05/msg00015.html
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gettext/2015-05/msg00016.html
>
> The fix is to require at least version 0.19.1 and rerun 'gettextize -f':
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gettext/2015-05/msg00020.html
>
> For verification, I'd recommend also checking this after 'gettexttize':
>   $ grep ^PO_DEP po/Makevars*
>   po/Makevars:PO_DEPENDS_ON_POT = yes
>   po/Makevars.template:PO_DEPENDS_ON_POT = yes

Thanks for getting to the root of this. I don't know much about how to
use "gettextize" but I'll try to figure what's needed in the next few
days. I notice that we have in "configure.ac"
AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION([0.19.4]) so don't know why there is a problem.
(This was changed on 2015-02-22 according to the ChangeLog.) Karl, do
you remember if you ran "gettextize -f -c" when you changed the
version?