[Texmacs-dev] Re: Hi, problems with text_language

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Hi, problems with text_language
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:42:12 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Tero Lahde wrote:

> Hello, as I said I've little problems with text_language.

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

> I set language as... other--> finnish.
> and continued using your great program as before. But when I tried to
> start texmacs again redhat 7.2 Konsole typed these warnings.

Aie ; we should not provide the "other" option for setting the language,
because languages which are not listed are actually not supported...

> !----------------------------------------------------------
> TeXmacs] Loading ecrm11 at 300 dpi
> TeXmacs] Loading english-finnish.scm
> TeXmacs] Loading hyphen.us
> TeXmacs] Loading ecrm10 at 600 dpi
>
> The language was finnish
>
> Fatal error: unknown language in 'text_language'
> !----------------------------------------------------------
>
> What I'd like to know is:
> How can I change text_language before really starting texmacs ?
>  OR
> How can I remove this program so that I can install it again  ?

If you use the most recent version of TeXmacs, then you may remove
~/.TeXmacs/system/preferences.scm and restart.

> Bythe way should I/(can I) use latex option \usepackage [finnish] {babel}
> ((import of course))
> to inroduce finnish hyphenation.
> with best regards:

At the moment, Finnish is not supported, because nobody proposed to
make the necessary translations so far. When supporting a new language,
we prefer to do so in a complete manner, i.e. the translations,
special characters, hyphenation, typography, spell checking etc.

Best wishes, Joris