Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Contribution...

From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Contribution...
Date: 12 Aug 2002 21:46:27 +0200

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 20:32, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > Just to let you know that I did not forget about your patches.
> > > We are very busy with many things at this moment, so I did not
> > > have time yet to take a careful look at them and include them
> > > in the distribution. But this will surely be done later.
> >    Ok, but instead of using the files.tar.gz I sent you please use the file
> > attached to this mail. This files are for the 1.0.0.10 version. I've added
> > some more commands to the LaTeX translator. And I've also added new
> > mathematical environments in env-math.ts:
> > - align and align*
> > - gather and gather*
> > - split and split*
> > I've modified main-menu.scm to add these environments in the menu.
> > For the moment number and unnumbered environments are the same.
> >
> > > Another thing: did you suscribe to address@hidden
> >    Yes
> >
> > > If you are still interested in contributing to a better
> > > LaTeX->TeXmacs converter (which would be very, very, useful),
> > > then I might send a "batch" of my progress on rewriting
> > > the Html->TeXmacs converter on this mailing list.
> > > Even though this is easier than the LaTeX->TeXmacs converter,
> > > this information might be very useful for you in order to
> > > understand how things work and in order to learn Guile/Scheme.
> >    All right, I would appreciate if you can add comments to your source
> > files
> > because understanding fromtex.cc and parsetex.cc without comments was not
> > so
> > easy ;)
>
> Your contribution will be integrated in TeXmacs-1.0.0.14.
> Notice that I made several changes:
>
> * I left out the AMS-environments from the menus; at the moment
>   they will only be supported for LaTeX -> TeXmacs conversions.
>   I plan to come up with something more general and systematic
>   in the future, which will replace these environments.
>
> * I left out the part concerning \cite and \nocite,
>   because (multiple) citations like \cite{first,second,...,last}
>   are not handled correctly.
>
> * The \label and \ref statements should *not* become inactive.
>
> * Why are (ref label pageref) treated in a special way
>   in latex_commands?
>
> Thanks for your contribution, Joris

Thank you very much for the contribution, we have a document in alqua
full of \dot and \ddot which didn't convert. The patch will make life
much easier for us.

BTW, why does (La)TeX by default put bold math upright instead of
italicized? What is the proper typographical convention?.

Thanks,

--
álvaro.tejero.cantero
alqua.com, la red en estudio