Re: [Texmacs-dev] Why guile?

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Why guile?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:51:46 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Amir Michail wrote:

> I was just curious why guile is being used for the scripting
> language in TeXmacs.

At the moment when I choose Guile, it was the default scripting
language for GNU projets. But it is true that it ran out of fashion
for some reason.

> I think python is much simpler (particularly
> for beginners) and have used it in medium sized
> research prototypes without any problems.

I am not sure that it is so much simpler,
but I understand that people may be allergic for (((())))

> Perhaps it's possible to support both languages?

That is one of my plans, but it presupposes a lot of
reorganization first. To begin with, the Guile interface
itself has to be reorganized.

<Joris>