Re: [Texmacs-dev] enums patch

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] enums patch
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:08:56 +0200 (MET DST)

> I need to get the Qt loop in first. I need some perl stuff to
> demonstrate at YAPC. This a perl conference after all.

OK; this issue is not really urgent. But it would be nice if
it could be done before the next stable version 1.0.1 next month.

> > Yes, but I want to continue to maintain a version based on Xlib
> > (this both increases robustness and allows us not to vicerally
> > depend on a specific toolkit).
>
> I understand that and you will be able to #ifdef out
> the Qt stuff. Even at run-time, the default will be
> your toolkit for a while. This makes things more complicated
> but will allow to get the code in even if badly broken.

In fact I will develop a clean TMGUI API,
which should allow us to make these changes in a very modular way.
Later on, others might wish to create a Gtk frontend or whatever.